Microsoft Office 2013 is regarded as one of the best products of the Microsoft productivity suite. The extended file format support, the user interface, and the touch support are the features which make it a different from its predecessors (Office 2010).
The other new features which got introduced in this version of Office are the read mode in MS-Word, a presentation mode in MS-PowerPoint, and other enhanced touch and inking in other Office programs. The screen start option also got a new look.
So, if you have to install a 64-bit or 32-bit version of MS-Office 2013(by visiting office.com/setup) in the system which already has a 64-bit or 32-bit version of MS-Office then probably you must be facing any one of the following error messages-
- “We’re sorry, Office (64-bit) couldn’t be installed because you have these 32-bit Office programs installed on your computer”
- “We’re sorry, Office (32-bit) couldn’t be installed because you have these 64-bit Office programs installed on your computer
Here, this article learns about the instant solution to MS-Office 2013 installation error.
Step by step solutions are given below, to fix the MS-Office 2013 installation error while switching from 32-bit to 64-bit-
Uninstall MS-Office 2013
To uninstall MS-Office 2013, you need to choose any one of the ways as shown below-
- With the help of the Control Panel.
Select the respective operating system you’re using.
For Windows 10
- Drag your cursor towards the ‘Windows logo’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box beside the windows logo.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select the ‘Programs’ option.
- Click on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- With the help of Easy Fix tool
- Select the ‘Download’ button the easy fix tool to uninstall Office 2013
- Select the web-browser you’re using.
- Follow the instructions as asked for.
- Uninstall MS-Office 2013 manually.
You need to look for the correct steps to uninstall MS-Office 2013 manually if the above easy fix tool doesn’t work properly.
Install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office 2013
Follow the steps as shown below for installing MS-Office 2013-
- Sign-in to Microsoft My Office Account to commence the Office 2013 installation process.
- You need to log-in to My Office Account to commence the Office 2013 installation process
Visit Office.com/myaccount, to sign-in or sign-up to your My Office Account. In case you’re sign-in with a different account, sign out from there and then sign-in again with the correct Microsoft Account.
- Select the ‘Install’ option in the install information section.
This will commence the process to install the 32-bit version of Office in your system. With the language, you have selected while redeeming the product key.
In case you wish to install 64-bit Office 2013 then –
- Choose ‘Additional Install options’.
- Select ‘Office (64-bit)
- Click on the ‘Install’ option.
- Install and activate Office 2013
- Depending on the respective browser you’re using-
- Click the ‘Run’ option for Edge or Internet Explorer.
- Click on the ‘Setup’ option for Chrome.
- Click on the ‘Save File’ option for Firefox.
- Select ‘All done’ option, when you come up with ‘You’re good to go’.
- Open any Office app (Word or Excel) to activate your MS-Office.
- Usually, Microsoft Office gets activated automatically, after any app gets open. If it fails to do so then you need to check MS-Office Activation Wizard and follow the steps to solve the issue.