Now-a-days, the users prefer the Microsoft Excel application to preparing the documents like spreadsheets, files, and memos instead of writing them on pieces of papers. This is because the maintenance of data and records using the MS Excel becomes quite easier.
The Excel application is made available within the desktop applications as well as Office online application within the various versions of the Office Setup like Office 365, Office 2016, and many more. To get any of the versions of the Office Setup to the device, access the link as Office.com/setup.
Sometimes the Office Setup users may face some common issues while utilizing the Excel Application of the Office Suite installed to the device. One such run-time errors faced by the users are “Excel not responding, hangs, freezes, or stop working”. So, the simplest procedure for resolving the “Excel not responding, hangs, freezes, or stop working” issue has been mentioned within this article.
The “Excel not responding, hangs, freezes, or stop working” issue commonly arise on the device due to the outdated version of the Excel Application installed on it. Apart from this, the presence of some issues within the “Add-ins” of the device also causes the “Excel not responding, hangs, freezes, or stop working” issue.
As the “Excel not responding, hangs, freezes, or stop working” issue occurs on the device, the users became unable to work with the application. Even the title bas displays the message as shown below:
“MS Excel (not responding)”
Follow the stepwise procedure for resolving the “Excel not responding, hangs, freezes, or stop working” issue, easily:
Method 1: Install all the relevant updates of the installed Office Setup:
For getting the updates of the MS Excel application included within the installed Office Setup to the device, access the Office Support on the official link as: Office.com/Setup.
Method 2: Investigate the possible add-ins issues:
1. Choose any of the actions mentioned below, as per the version of the Windows operating system:
a. In Windows 10: Follow the path as: Start >> All Apps >> Windows System >> Run
b. In Windows 8: Launch the Apps Menu, followed by clicking the “Run” option.
c. In Windows 7: Tap the “Start” button on the taskbar.
2. After completing the aforementioned steps to launch the “Run” window on the device, enter the command as shown below within the “Open” text field:
3. Once the entire issues get resolved, follow the path as within the MS Excel application:
File >> Options >> Add-ins
4. Here, select the ‘COM Add-ins’, followed by clicking the “OK” button.
5. After this, unmark all the check boxes listed within the list.
6. And then, click the “OK” button.
7. At last, close the Excel Application and restart it.