With Microsoft Office handwritten signature, you can give your documents a personal touch. With the help of a digital signature, you can now scan your signature and save it as an image to insert in the document. However, to insert a signature in Microsoft Office App, you need to have a licensed account on Office.com/setup along with active subscription of any Office setup version.
This signature line is a simple placeholder for a Microsoft Office document you intend to send digitally or via print. Still, it comes with one more advantage. You can add your private information or any other direction for the underwriter you may consider essential.
Moreover, you can insert a signature line to show where a signature should be written. By following the steps below, you can easily insert the signature. Note that the instructions are applicable for Windows-based operating systems.
Steps to add or insert a signature in Microsoft Office app
- Go to office.com/setup and login to your licensed account
- Launch an Office app, say Word and simultaneously, take a clear piece of paper and write your signature
- Using Microsoft Office lens app to scan the page and then save it on your computer in any of these file extensions: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, or .png
- Launch the image file
- Crop the image to make your signature look clearer
- Use the Picture Tools from Format tab
- click Crop and then crop the image as per your need
- Click right on the image and select Save as Picture to save the changes you made in the picture and keep it as a separate file
- Now, add the signature to a document by click on Ribbon > Insert > (Text group/ Pictures) > Signature Line.
You have now added the signature to your documents save at www.office.com/setup. In case you fail to perform the steps, review your Office My Account subscription details. Renew the software if your subscription is going to expire.