Office 2010 is a version of Microsoft Office suite comprising a number of applications, services, and servers, available for retail as well as online purchase. Every version of Microsoft Office Setup 2010, includes full features of Excel 2010, Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010, OneNote 2010 along with all other applications. Its updated version has the following additional features:
- Integration of the Screen Shot Tool
- Customizable Ribbon
- Remove Background of Images
- Office Backstage View
- New Navigation Pane
- Protected View
- Simultaneous Editing of Documents
- New Artistic Effects for Graphics and more
To get Office 2010 setup for your device, you have to purchase it offline through a retail store or online via Office official store. Once purchased, the next step is to download, install and then activate.
Downloading Office 2010
- To download your purchased Office 2010 subscription, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Microsoft Office account at office.com/setup
- Enter the Office setup product key
- From the list of subscriptions, choose Office 2010
- Click Download and wait until the process finishes
You can see the downloaded Office 2010 setup in your browser’s download history or in the Download folder on your computer system.
Installing Office 2010
You can install Office 2010 through these two ways:
Steps to install 32-bit (default) Office 2010:
- Insert the Office 2010 disc into the CD/DVD drive
- The setup wizard will automatically start
- However, if it doesn’t start, navigate to the disc drive and click the setup.exe file
- Provide the Office 2010 product key
- Read and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms
- Click on I Agree and then Continue
- Follow the on-screen instructions and let the installation finish
- Click Close
Steps to activate 32-bit (default) Office 2010
To access all the features of Office 2010, you need to activate it. Follow these steps for the same:
- Open the Office Activation Wizard
- Click “I want to activate the software over the Internet”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to
You can also activate your installed subscription later by following this path:
File > Help > Activate Product Key
Steps to install 64-bit (default) Office 2010:
Before you install a 64-bit version of Office 2010, make sure you have 64-bit version of the Windows operating system. Also, make sure that there is no other Office version already installed on your device.
- Insert the Office 2010 installation disc
- Now, click Start and then Computer
- Open this new disc drive by right-clicking on it
- Open the x64 folder in the installation root
- Now, double-click setup.exe.
- After setup completes, continue by following the default installation instructions, by entering the product key
Steps to activate 64-bit (default) Office 2010:
Please note that the steps for activating Office 2010 setup are same as that of 32-bit version.
In case you face any difficulty, call Office customer support immediately. The technical team will surely assist you with the best possible solution.